Chemical laden products are a natural harm to not just our skin but also the environment. Increasingly, a number of us are opting for products that are natural and environment friendly. Even when it comes to makeup, we are constantly seeking for products that match our ethical ideologies.
At a time when it has become difficult to find the right product match, comes a brand that not only is environmentally conscious, but is also 100% Vegan. Introducing, Plum Goodness, a range of kajal, face creams and sunscreen.
Plum has a number of firsts including but not limited to:
- Being India’s first online-only beauty brand
- Being totally free of Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, SLS, DEA & PABA
- Not testing its products on animals
- Avoiding the use of non-recyclable plastics
And much more. Seems like quite a choice for someone who cares about the environment and the society at large, as much as they think about themselves.
I couldn’t find a better avenue than the Amazon India Fashion Week to try the product.
I am all about dramatic eyes and naturally my first choice of product was the Angel Eyes Kohl Kajal. 100% natural, the classic kohl pencil is mineral-pigmented and perfect for sensitive eyes. It comes complete with a smudger, ideal for trying on multiple looks with those gorgeous eyes. While fashion weeks are all about the clothes, I chose to make my presence felt at the AIFW with some statement eyes.
1. Multi-Winged eyeliner: When one wing is not enough, you opt for multiple. With metallic lips, I was prepped to step out with my make up causing quite the stir. The long stay liner cum kajal ensured I got the absolute perfect lines drawing those while wings.
2. Tribal eyes: If you choose to go boho chic there’s nothing that compliments the look better than tribal inspired eyes. When Kareena popped up on the silver screen with those blazing eyes lined with kohl, complete with the sides, I was blown away. I knew I had to try that look someday. This was my opportunity to embrace the style.
3. Smokey eyes: Nothing screams Bollywood inspiration than the smokey eye look. Put aside those youtube tutorials and attain the quintessential smokey eye look with the Angel eyes smudger.
So, what do I think about the kohl? Is it really worth the hype?
My thoughts – ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.
The kohl kajal is:
- Smudge proof
- Water proof
- Vegan friendly
- Easy to use
- Light weight
- Easy to carry
- Lasts all day
Plus, it’s pocket friendly! Probably the best in the market at its price range. I would definitely put my money in it.
But come summer and the Mumbai heat calls for a product that is considered a staple, no matter what the skin type. To most Indians it’s almost a necessity and you are certain to find the humble sunscreen in most of our purses. However, most women are clueless about the SPF requirements for their skin type. Plum Goodness antioxidant rich sunscreens all come in a minimum of SPF50 variants. Available in multiple flavours and quantities, my personal favourite is the Chamomile and White Tea variant. The soothing properties of the chamomile and the antioxidant properties of the white tea provide all round protection to your skin from the scorching rays of the sun. Their specially created micro-emulsion formula helps distribute the sunscreen more evenly over your skin resulting in a smooth, matte effect without white cast. This day cream is so light, it almost feels like you’re not wearing one.
Plum Goodness makes more than just a product. It gives back to mother nature. Every purchase leads to a 1% contribution to environmental non profits. Finally, there’s shopping that makes you feel good and also ensures you receive your product the same day.
I’ve put my money on the Goodness of 100% natural. When are you making your make up investment?
An Arch Attire Production
Featuring : Plum Goodness
Concept : Swati Sharma | Story : Giselle Mendes | Photography : Sushant Sawant